YIFY has been the most popular site to download 3D movies for users’ 3D glasses, like Oculus Rift DK2. However, sometimes the 3D YIFY movies you download maybe can’t supported by your Samsung Gear VR headset, another hot 3D glasses on the market. In this case, what will you do?
Gear VR usually supports 3D MP4/MOV/MKV, 3D YIFY is not in the supported format list of Gear VR. So if you want to play 3D YIFY movies on your Gear VR, you’d better transcode your 3D YIFY movies to 3D MP4/MOV/MKV movie which could be played by Gear VR. Here, you can seek iFastime Video Converter Ultimate to help you. This integrated and powerful tool can convert Blu-ray, DVD, ISO, 3D Movie, 3D YIFY, 3D Blu-ray, 3D YouTube, etc to SBS MP4/MOV,MKV for Gear VR and other 3D headsets, like Google Cardboard.
Mac users should turn to iFastime Video Converter Ultimate for Mac.
Freely get the software at below:
- Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/iFastime-Video-Converter-Ultimate/3000-2194_4-76449859.html
- Top 4 Download: http://www.top4download.com/ifastime-video-converter-ultimate/chjkfujg.html
How to turn 3D YIFY to SBS 3D MP4 video for Gear VR?
Step 1. Add 3D YIFY movies
Launch the top 3D YIFY to Gear VR Converter, add your 3D YIFY files by clicking the “Add File” icon.
Step 2. Select a suitable output video format
Choose “MP4 Side-by-Side 3D Video (*.mp4)” or “MKV Side-by-Side 3D Video (*.mkv)” from “3D Video” profile list is recommended for Samsung Gear VR.
Tip: By clicking the “Settings” button, you can modify the video/audio parameters. For common videos, 1280×720 HD resolution and 5 Mb/s video bitrate are recommended. 1920×1080 compressed side-by-side 3D should be resampled to 1920×540 resolution full side-by-side resolution.
Step 3: Get the conversion process started
To view your SBS 3D video files on your Gear VR, just follow these steps:
1. On your MicroSD card file directory, navigate to Oculus > Movies > Your Movies
2. Create a new folder within “Your Movies” and label it “3D”
3. Import or move your side-by-side 3D videos into your newly created “3D” folder
4. Once you have created your 3D content folder and imported compatible video files, insert your MicroSD card into Galaxy Note 4 or Galaxy S6 (if it isn’t already), dock the phone in your Gear VR, and don the virtual reality headset.
1.Navigate to Oculus Cinema from the main menu
2. Navigate to “My Videos” from the Oculus Cinema content library menu
3. Select the 3D video you wish to view (if you followed the above steps it should have a “3D” label in the upper righthand corner)
4. Choose the cinema mode to begin playback
5. The software is coded to automatically convert any video in the “3D” folder for 3D playback.
While watching the video in Cinema, a new subtitle option will appear in the player controls (gaze and tap the screen for the controls to appear).
After all the steps, you should be able to watch 3D YIFY movies on your Samsung Gear VR through Oculus Cinemawith with ease, so simple to have 3D movie time anytime anywhere.
Have more questions about how to play 3D YIFY movies with Gear VR, please feel free to contact us>>