As a free torrent site, YIFY site offers people with 720p, 1080p even 3D movies, which is the main reason people like YIFY. It usually wait for the official release of movie DVDs or Blu-ray discs, and then rip the movie DVDs or Blu-rays to MP4 or MKV videos. That’s why it always maintain movie torrents with high quality and smaller file size. But sometimes, the video specs or the format it preserved can’t been supported by certain device. For example, many 3D YIFY movies can’t been played in Oculus Rift DK2 for the format and spec incompatibility issue.
Oculus Rift DK2 is the top virtual reality headset display comparing with other 3D Glasses. with the 1280×800 to 1920×1080 OLED panel, Oculus Rift DK2 often is the first choive to watch 3D movies. So watching 3D YIFY movies on Oculus Rift DK2 is a need for many 3D movies fans. So to solve the format incompatibility issue is needed.
In this case, you can use iFastime Video Converter Ultimate to transcode the 3D YIFY movies to Oculus Rift DK2 suitable formats. It can easily change the original 3D YIFY movies to 3D MP4/MOV/MKV with just several clicks. And you are allowed to adjust the video and audio parameters in profile settings window. Mac users should turn to iFastime Video Converter Ultimate for Mac.
Windows Download and Buy:
- Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/iFastime-Video-Converter-Ultimate/3000-2194_4-76449859.html
- Top 4 Download: http://www.top4download.com/ifastime-video-converter-ultimate/chjkfujg.html
How to change 3D YIFY movies to Oculus Rift DK2 suitable format?
Step 2: Set the output format
Click “format” bar to find “3D Video”. Select “MP4 Side-by-Side 3D Video(*.mp4) ” under this category.
Tip: You can also configure the parameters like resolution, frame rate, encoder and bit rate for video, and sample rate, channel, encoder and bit rate for audio and save it as your own profile in profile settings window.
Step 3: Get the conversion process started
Hit the red “Start Conversion” button to change 3D YIFY video to 3D SBS MP4 video for playback via your Oculus Rift DK2.
To have a wonderful 3D home theatre experience, this conversion is just the first procedure. You need two extra things – VR Player and media player. The following is to teach the green hands for Oculus Rift DK2 how to set up. We will take VLC player as an example.
DK2 + VR Player + VLC Player: Getting Home Theater Experience
1. Download and install VLC Player
2. Download and install VR Player
3. You then need to download the DK2 Tracker (Hosted here case it is removed from where I got it from) for motion tracking with the player
4. Expand the .zip and copy to the following location (or wherever you installed VR Player): C:\Program Files (x86)\VR Player\Trackers
5. Open up VR player and set the tracker that you just copied as follows:
Depending on the content you wish to view you have a few options. Here are some examples:
1. Set up Oculus as extended Desktop the Rift Display Mode program.
2. Ensure your windows monitor is setup so your rift is secondary.
3. For 3D movies such as Big Hero 6:
Menu – Media – Format – Side By Side
Menu – Media – Projection – Plane
4. If your movie is not 3D
Menu – Media – Format – Mono
Menu – Media – Projection – Plane
5. To open a movie select:
Menu – File – Open File – With VLC
6. Browse to your selected movie.
7. Now that the movie is running you need to move the video screen onto your Oculus screen.
In my case the Oculus is my second monitor to the left. So I hit these keys:
Hit Windows Key + Cursor Key Left (Do this twice, this moves the window to your Oculus)
Hit Windows Key + Cursor Key Up (This maximizes the window)
Put on headphones and enjoy!
Now, just enjoy your 3D YIFY movies on Oculus Rift DK2 with suitable 3D format!