More and more people get interested in enjoying 3D movies on 3D glasses. Oculus Rift DK 2 is one of the most popular 3D headsets/glasses, with higher resolution panel, up from 1280×800 to 1920×1080 and moves to a pentile matrix, OLED panel for display duties. However, after people bought the Rift DK 2, many of them don’t know where to get the 3D movies. Therefore, some choose to rip their Blu-ray or download 3D YIFY movies for their Rift DK 2. Actually, 3D YouTube movies are also good sources for Oculus Rift DK 2.
You maybe worry about that the 3D movies download from YouTube are not compatible with Rift DK 2. You will eliminate this upset when you come to this article. Here, I will show you how to turn the 3D YouTube video to Oculus Rift DK 2 suitable format. Want to know the solution? Just read on!
How to turn all 3D YouTube video for Oculus Rift DK 2 on Mac
To transform 3D YouTube to DK 2 on Mac, you have to use a third party software. I recommend you for iFastime Video Converter Ultimate for Mac(review). It can backup 3D YouTube video to 3D MP4/MOV for Rift DK 2 on Mac with ultra fast speed. It can make you to adjust video and audio size, codec, bitrate, frame rate and 3D depth to get better movie playback on DK 2. It even can create 3D movies from 2D Blu-ray/DVD/4K/SD/HD/2K video source.
In addition, this app can continually upgrade to be compatible with new computer system and output more profiles.
Simply free download and install it on Mac:
- Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/iFastime-Video-Converter-Ultimate/3000-2194_4-76449859.html
- Top 4 Download: http://www.top4download.com/ifastime-video-converter-ultimate/chjkfujg.html
Step 1: Add 3D YouTube movies
Launch the top Mac 3D YouTube to Rift DK 2 Converter, add your 3D YouTube movies by clicking the “Load file(s)” icon.
Step 2: Select right 3D format to output
You can click the “Format” bar and choose “MP4 Side-by-Side 3D Video (*.mp4)” or “MKV Side-by-Side 3D Video (*.mkv)” from “3D Video” profile list for Oculus Rift DK 2.
Tip: By clicking the “Settings” button, you can modify the video/audio parameters. 3D depth can be change here.
Step 3: Start to change 3D YouTube video to Rift DK 2 supported format
The last step is to press the big “Start conversion” button on the right to start converting 3D YouTube video to Rift DK 2 on Mac. The conversion takes a few minutes, if you don’t have time to wait, you can choose “Shut down computer after conversion”. Then your computer will be turned off automatically after the conversion is finished.
To have a wonderful 3D experience on Oculus Rift DK 2, this conversion is just the first procedure. You need two extra things – VR Player and media player. The following is to teach the green hands for Oculus Rift DK2 how to set up. We will take VLC player as an example.
DK2 + VR Player + VLC Player: getting wonderful 3D movie viewing experience
1. Download and install VLC Player
2. Download and install VR Player
3. You then need to download the DK2 Tracker (Hosted here case it is removed from where I got it from) for motion tracking with the player
4. Expand the .zip and copy to the following location (or wherever you installed VR Player): C:\Program Files (x86)\VR Player\Trackers
5. Open up VR player and set the tracker that you just copied as follows:
Depending on the content you wish to view you have a few options. Here are some examples:
1. Set up Oculus as extended Desktop the Rift Display Mode program.
2. Ensure your windows monitor is setup so your rift is secondary.
3. For 3D movies such as Big Hero 6:
Menu – Media – Format – Side By Side
Menu – Media – Projection – Plane
4. If your movie is not 3D
Menu – Media – Format – Mono
Menu – Media – Projection – Plane
5. To open a movie select:
Menu – File – Open File – With VLC
6. Browse to your selected movie.
7. Now that the movie is running you need to move the video screen onto your Oculus screen.
In my case the Oculus is my second monitor to the left. So I hit these keys:
Hit Windows Key + Cursor Key Left (Do this twice, this moves the window to your Oculus)
Hit Windows Key + Cursor Key Up (This maximizes the window)
Now, put on headphones and enjoy the 3D YouTube movies on Oculus Rift DK 2!
- Watch Movies in (Blu-ray, DVD, ISO) on Oculus Rift DK2
- Watch 3D Blu-ray on Galaxy S6/S6 Edge via Gear VR
- Top Best Cloud Storage Review
- How to transcode and view ISO files on iPhone 6S?
- Effective Way to add H.265 video files to iTunes