Gear VR was born to bring imagination to the reality. 2D screen becomes 3D for you to enjoy the view like a virtual reality with Gear VR via Oculus cinema. If you want to move your DVD to Samsung Gear VR system, you’ll need to rip DVD to side-by-side 3D MP4 or MKV videos which are fully compatible with the Gear VR. Below is a brief guide on how to do that.
First, the most important piece of the equation is that you have a DVD ripping tool hooked to your PC or Mac. To rip 3D Blu-ray to 3D videos easily and quickly, iFastime Video Converter Ultimate is highly recommended.
Free Download Fastime Video Converter Ultimate for Win/Mac:
- Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/windows/ifastime/3260-20_4-10440988-1.html
- Soft32 Download: http://www.soft32.com/publishers/ifastime/
- Top 4 Download: http://www.top4download.com/ifastime/index79230-0.html
- Best Software 4 Download: http://www.bestsoftware4download.com/a-ifastime-83610-software.html
How to convert DVD to Gear VR friendly content for playback via Oculus cinema
Step 1. Import DVD movie
Launch the professional DVD to Gear VR converter. Click “Load file(s)” button on top left corner to add DVD movie to it. Double click the video, you can preview the movie in the right side.
Step 2. Select output format
Tip: Click Settings to adjust the parameters like video codec, video bitrate, video frame rate, audio sample rate, audio channel. Content mastered at 1920×1080 compressed side-by-side 3D should be resampled to 1920×540 resolution full side-by-side resolution.
Step 3. Start to convert DVD to Gear VR
Click “Start conversion” button, the best DVD to Gear VR converter will start to work. Just be patient, it will not take you long time. After the conversion, click the Open to get the output videos.
Additional Tips: How to add and view SBS 3D video files on Gear VR via Oculus cinema
1. On your MicroSD card file directory, navigate to Oculus > Movies > Your Movies.
2. Create a new folder within “Your Movies” and label it “3D”.
3. Import or move your SBS 3D videos into your newly created “3D” folder.
Once you have created your 3D content folder and imported compatible video files, insert your MicroSD card into your Galaxy Note 4 (if it isn’t already), slide the phone in your Gear VR, and put the virtual reality headset on your head.
2. Navigate to “My Videos” from the Oculus Cinema content library menu.
3. Select the 3D video you wish to view (if you followed the above steps it should have a “3D” label in the upper righthand corner).
4. Choose the cinema mode to begin playback.
- Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/iFastime-Video-Converter-Ultimate/3000-2194_4-76449859.html
- Top 4 Download: http://www.top4download.com/ifastime-video-converter-ultimate/chjkfujg.html
- Free Downloads Center: http://www.freedownloadscenter.com/Multimedia_and_Graphics/Misc__Sound_Tools/iFastime_Video_Converter_Ultimate.html
- Softonic Download: http://ifastime-video-converter-ultimate.en.softonic.com/
- WinSite Download: http://www.winsite.com/Multimedia/Video/iFastime-Video-Converter-Ultimate/