The AirVR is a new kind of virtual reality headset that leverages iOS Retina hardware already in millions of peoples’ hands. It has turned your iPad Mini into portable virtual reality goggles. With the match of AirVR and iPad Mini, you never need to go on cinema to watch 3D movies in high price. If you have DVD collection, you even can rip these DVD to iPad Mini with 3D mode so that you can watch these DVD on AirVR with excellent 3D movie experience. Then, you don’t need to hunt 3D movie source here and there.
Don’t know how to change 2D DVD to 3D movie with AirVR playable format? Please read on this article patiently and you will be shown the easiest way.
I am not sure if you have heard about It is really a easy-to-use and efficient tool to break copy protection of commercial DVD and turn DVD to 3D MP4/MOV for AirVR with iPad Mini suitable format . It also offers to ripping Blu-ray to 3D MKV/MOV/MP4/WMV/AVI for AirVR and other 3D glasses/headsets, like Oculus Rift DK 2.
For Windows users, it has the equivalent Windows version.
Simply free download and install it on :
– Pavtube old official address: http://www.pavtube.cn/dvd_ripper/
– Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavthttp://fast-vrheadsets.com/play-dvd-on-gear-vr/ube-DVDAid/3000-7970_4-76158510.html
How to watch DVD on AirVR with iPad Mini?
Step 1: Add DVD movies
Add your DVD videos to the app by clicking the “Load file(s)” icon from DVD disc. Keep the network connected when ripping DVD.
Step 2: Select 3D format
Click the “Format” bar, “MP4 Side-by-Side 3D Video (*.mp4)” from “3D Video” profile list is recommended for AirVR.
If you need to adjust 3D depth, you can click “Settings” to open the profile settings window. Here, you are allowed to reset video and audio codec, size, bitrate and 3D depth.
Step 3: Start to rip DVD to AirVR
Step 4: Transfer ripped DVD movies to iPad Mini with iTunes
1. Run iTunes on your windows. You can download iTunes app from Apple website to install it on your computer.
2. Connect your iPad to iTunes with the USB cable that comes with your iPad.
3. Choose iPad as your file syncing destination. Click the dropdown menu near “iTunes Store” on the top right corner to choose iPad.
4. After choosing device “iPad”, iTunes will automatically switch to the summary interface where you’re allowed to sync movies, music, photos, TV shows, apps, etc to your iPad.
5. click “Movies” to movie syncing interface. Please make sure the box for “Sync Movies” is checked. And then check the movie items you’d like to sync to your iPad.
6. Click the “Apply” button on the bottom right corner to start syncing your videos to your iPad.
When all the preparation jobs are done, you can watch DVD movies on AirVR with iPad Mini. But I have to remind you that from the promotional images of the project, it’s fair to say that you are going to look pretty ridiculous wearing the device.